Saturday, October 25, 2014

Parfaite Patisserie (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Hong Kong is a sweet heaven for dessert lovers as there's never shortage of good home grown patisseries. This week, a relatively new patisserie called Parfaite Patisserie found its way to my radar screen and I decided to pay them a visit in Mongkok.

Located on Yim Po Fong Street across the street from the railway, Parfaite is within a neighborhood that brought back a lot of childhood memories for me. I still vaguely remembered an arcade game centre located just a few shops away which I used to visit all the time as a kid. Those were the good times but something of the past now as these places no longer existed.

Since I know this area all too well, it didn't really take long for me to locate Parfaite Patisserie although they made it difficult for me with the heavy scaffolding.



This is a very diminutive cake shop they had here but I was very impressed with how they manage to fit everything all under one roof. There's a small kitchen, two fridges and a couple of shelves displaying different types of cookies in very limited space.



At $42 a piece, the prices of these pastries are certainly in-line with some of the best hotel cake shops. Let's find out how the quality matches up against the competition.  

Chocolate mousse with banana purée, 3.5/10
No rocket science here, just a simple chocolate mousse cake infused with banana purée in the middle. I thought the chocolate mousse could be a little richer and smoother.



Mango mousse lava cake, 4/10
Mango mousse paired with mango lava. This tasted a little like a frozen moon cake.



Like the previous chocolate mousse cake, this mango mousse wasn't as silky smooth as we liked.



Earl grey crème brûlée, 5/10
I am a fan of earl grey tea so I had very little trouble picking this one.



There's a layer of crème brûlée infused inside the earl grey tea mousse.



For the amount they're charging for these pastries, they got work to do to improve both the presentation as well as taste.


Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: 17A Yim Po Fong Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mong Kok
Tel: +852 2295-4338
Website: Link



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think